Wednesday 27 August 2014

Let's talk - Organization

Ok so let's talk "organization" today.
Cleaning is my worst nightmare. I have to literally force myself to do it.
I feel like this is never ending story especially when you have a two years old running around.
I rather do a million other things instead of cleaning but life is life and if something needs to be done it must be done - the end.
Organize my day helps me to be on top of things, have them done quicker in the right order so there is less mess and the cleaning gets easier.
 And this is what works for me.


21 item toss - I read about this a few months ago and immediately wanted to try this. The idea is to get rid of 21 unwanted items from the house, it could be anything. I pick up a garbage bag, box, recycling bin and walk around the house until I find 21 things to throw away and believe me it gets more difficult every time:) Sometimes I focus on one area say kitchen and go through kitchen cabinets, drawers, pantry and fridge. Oh yes fridge counts too:) I divide these things into 3 categories: garbage, things for sale and things to donate to the charity. But it really doesn't matter what you do with them as far as they gone from your house.This is really easy way to slowly declutter and organize your home.

To-do list - Every morning I make myself a cup of coffee and sit down at the table this is the time when I'm doing my daily to-do list. I also have a weekly and monthly to-do list(I will say a little bit about those at different time).
This system works for me, I'm able to manage my time better and have more things done. Then on the end of the day when I cross the last position from the list I feel so satisfied. What's on my to-do list: these simple things like
laundry, dishes, prepare dinner, wash the floors but I also go through my calendar and writes there things like birthday, doctor appointment, vet appointment, etc. That way I have everything in one place.

60 seconds rule - I think that this is my favorite tip, it takes me only 60 seconds or less :) So the main rule is " If something in your life takes less then a minute do it now instead of procrastinating". It works with small things like: make the bed, put the shoes on their place, put away toys after you finish playing, clean up the table after eating, etc. With this rule the house is less cluttered at the end of the day. You can challenge yourself around the house and see what takes less than 60 seconds, I promise you'll be surprised how much you can accomplish in such short time.

                                                                                         by K

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is isn't it :) These three rules saved my life so many times :)

      Delete
  2. Ech...to wszystko śmierdzi mi pracą,a wakacje się dla mnie jeszcze nie skończyły:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oj moje już dobiegły końca :( Właśnie zaczynamy pakowanie przed przeprowadzką następny kilka miesięcy to będzie sama ciężka praca, ale już nie mogę się doczekać efektów :)

    ReplyDelete